View Single Post
      03-24-2023, 06:23 AM   #174
HudsonHornett
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 CSL, BMW X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerum View Post
How it feels is not as important as what it is capable of.
I fundamentally disagree with this statement. How it feels is the communication the car gives you about how hard the chassis is working and when the tyres are at the limit of their grip, it also gives you confidence to exceed those limits if the transition from grip to slip is progressive.

As a driver, this communication is incredibly important, if you are driving a car that is completely numb (but very quick), you will undoubtedly exceed the limit of what the car is capable of and very likely have a crash or alternatively massively underperform what the car is capable of achieving because you have no idea what is going on beneath you, so lack confidence in the car's ability.

So feel is the probably the single most important aspect of any car that you want to drive fast. Cars that have great chassis and steering feel give you enormous confidence to push them really hard and that's why feel is so prized by enthusiasts, it's not about classic cars or whatever it's about knowing precisely what is going on beneath you and being able to react to that!
DO4441410.50