08-25-2022, 10:57 PM   #87
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrandt View Post
I rented up until 6 months ago. My main fear is (like everyone who previously commented) how renters and high-rise tenants will charge.

But to say 13 years is impossible is quite puzzling to me. I've seen an absolutely insane level of infrastructure set up in 2-3 years.

> A few of the lots at my workplace have chargers
> Every row at two of my local malls have two chargers
> I pass Hydrogen and EV Supercharge stations all the time.
> I drive from SoCal to Salt Lake, Utah and can point out each and every stop I'd need to stop to charge at.
Where in SoCal are you? Because despite living in the same region, I'm not seeing the abundance of chargers you claim outside of the occasional big box store parking lot. That goes for LA, OC, and the IE. Millions of people here are apartment dwelling and/or dependent on street parking. I don't see a feasible solution yet for them.

If California politicians really cared about the environment, the would have made light rail projects come to fruition. There's no reason we should be dependent on driving from one part of SoCal to the other in heavy traffic. There's no reason we should have to fly between LA<->SF or drive for 6+ hrs in either direction. Give people a reason to leave their cars at home or live a car-free lifestyle altogether.

But in reality their priorities are ideology and money. Gotta appease the automakers, the charging companies, and the entire EV supply chain. I have a pretty good hunch on what sorts of companies our politicians invest in.

And no I'm not anti-vax boomer, quite the opposite.

Last edited by Germanauto; 08-25-2022 at 11:04 PM..
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50