View Single Post
      11-05-2020, 09:35 PM   #19
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

It looks dialed because it's going slow. It never slides as it's clearly not being pushed that hard. Probably out testing just for some fine tuning before production begins.

I'm excited to see it along with the specs. Might be my next DD. I've been sad ever since the 3er GT and Touring got the axe here in the States. All we have left are stupid high-riding SUVs.

I want a lower wagon-esque body w/ a ~114" wheelbase and a hatch that still has some ground clearance and a forgiving suspension for crappy Midwest roads. This iNext (will that be the actual production name?) might actually work for me, assuming it still drives like a BMW and isn't neutered power wise like the 4-cylinder Touring that we had to settle for. Price will certainly be a factor too. I have no desire to spend more than 3-series money, especially when EVs in the short-medium term will suffer from obsolescence like cell phones with 3-year lifecycles due to battery and charging tech moving so rapidly. These are going to be lease-only vehicles for most folks, I suspect.

Oh yeah, some towing capability would be fantastic too for those of us that dare to attach a camper or take a boat to the lake! Might as well put those torquey electric motors to good use!

I hate to say it, but if this ends up a total bust, I will be giving the Tesla Y a very hard look...

Or I might say screw EVs completely and buy a Honda Ridgeline (I know I know), which will serve me well and do everything I need it to for the next 10 years. No turbo, no batteries, no problems...they drive really well too now that they finally got that ZF 9-speed tuned!
therealm3630.00