United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Ok, I just want them to explain to me, how my car was assembled in the middle of those dates, and isn't affected?
Reason for this issue could be several different things: Defective part, Uncalibrated tools or assembly station, Worker error, etc. A manufacturer like BMW will have good traceability to narrow down defective vehicles especially their M lineup.

This thread was created based on initial information provided to dealers and in a matter of days, BMW will provide more information to the dealer which will eventually flow down to the customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
Quote:
Ok, I just want them to explain to me, how my car was assembled in the middle of those dates, and isn't affected?
I'm very sure that its not difficult for BMW to know which batch of bad bearings went into which cars. They would know which vins had the bad bearings and recall those cars.. Are we seriously complaining now if our cars aren't in the recall?

and keep in mind there still isn't an official recall in the USA yet. Why dont we wait and see what happens first
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Quote:
Reason for this issue could be several different things: Defective part, Uncalibrated tools or assembly station, Worker error, etc. A manufacturer like BMW will have good traceability to narrow down defective vehicles especially their M lineup.

This thread was created based on initial information provided to dealers and in a matter of days, BMW will provide more information to the dealer which will eventually flow down to the customers.
But also read the post I was replying to. Do I take the chance that my car wasn't named and down the road, something similar happens, but it's not covered, because BMW didn't identify my build time frame as being a problem?

For reference, I had a similar situation happen to me with my Type R. LPFP recall X affected vehicles. Mine wasn't named, I'm good. Well, 800 miles later, my car is on a tow truck and the LPFP was replaced.

I'd also be curious to see if this is affecting the M4s. Most people I've seen affected, purchased M3s.

Appreciate 1
barryc3651956.00