View Single Post
      10-12-2021, 07:36 AM   #380
omaralt
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsniper View Post
I honestly would be more concerned if I had a car that was manufactured a little time before or after the recall window. Everything in manufacturing and quality control (and life really) is on a statistical bell curve and BMW is trying to guess an acceptable P-Value that covers the most likely failures.

Someone mentioned the Audi 2.0T piston ring issue. Audi issued a 2 model year recall/extended warranties/repairs for vehicles from 2009-2011. However, 2012-2015 models still exhibit the same failure at a higher mileage (roughly double) than the recalled cars and Audi won't do a thing about it and claim it could just be normal wear and tear … ask me how I know (also the irony is our Audi has been perfect from a reliability perspective up until the issue appeared at year 6 and 96k miles).
i understand what you're saying but i dont think thats how it works. They have determined a certain amount of bearings are defective. They figure out what days those defective bearings were used and recall cars built on those days. Nowadays it's very easy to know this information
2013 550i M sport Alpine White/Cinnamon (retired)
Appreciate 0