View Single Post
      01-14-2021, 09:47 AM   #218
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post
Ok not the AWD, but don't your figures below assume (without basis) that the difference between the G82 6MT and the F82 DCT (both in the video) are only the transmission and the seats (since you concluded the difference is 152 lb between the F82 DCT vs the G82 ZCP with regular seats)?
Oh I'm sure there are other little differences. I won't die on the hill of 152lb, but it's going to be around there.

The more powerful comparison to do is that my F80 CS weighs more than the F82 they have in the video despite weight saving measures my car has over the F82, so they did not pick the heaviest F82.

If my F80 CS weighs 3657lb then an F80 non CS should weigh more. HK was standard on all cars after the first or first few production years. I have the exec package which is not standard on any F80 and adds weight for sure, but then I have other things which reduce weight vs a regular F80:
-Lighter wheels than the ZCP ones (IIRC)
-No center console
-CF hood
-CF propshaft
-No comfort access (std on all US cars after a few years)

How much is all of that worth? I don't know, but it should be enough to compensate for my exec package. Versus that, the G80 model weight can be analyzed without too much difficulty based on the video.

Initially I was looking at DIN weights for the G8X and almost had a heart attack as per DIN weights there is a 320lb difference between my CS and the G80 8AT.
Appreciate 0