View Single Post
      01-14-2021, 09:40 AM   #217
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
BMW showed a (homologated) DIN weight of 1,497kg/3,300lb for the F82 in its original press release

As I stated earlier, DIN are not all hold and behold either: a good reference point but not an absolute. Just options can make weights vary by 60kg+. The DIN weight standards were also revised somewhere around 2016, which makes it more difficult to do direct comparisons.
When someone shows a ridiculous weight like that it is clear there's a mistake.
When Audi took out the RS4 they also stated a DIN weight of like 3500lb which was later corrected to its real weight. That's fine. Mistakes certainly happen.

I'm using the DIN weight to compare options like 6MT vs 8AT, G82 vs G80, etc. The G8X weight I'm taking straight from the video.

In the case of the F8X the DIN weight seems to match up quite nicely with my car. The G8X BMW weighed was on corner scales, like my car, so unless gravity was reversed or HK speakers weigh 50lb and my CF hood, prop shaft and no center console add up to nothing, I feel we have a good proxy for its weight.

I'm more than happy to bet that the G8X RWD is not going to gain 250lb more than my CS, more or less apples to apples comparison between them [midpoint of the 200-300lb range you mentioned earlier]

The constant comments of 'we don't know what the options of the G8X are' are beating a dead horse. It may or may not have HK because we don't know if that's standard in Germany. Their mention of 'lightweight build' tell me no Exec package. Still, we do know my options and my car was weighed the same way that car was weighed.
Appreciate 0