View Single Post
      09-13-2022, 04:57 PM   #13
wooblewobble
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChurchDog View Post
My wife and I went to both the Autobahn and the Now Arena driving experiences.
Autobahn was pretty fun. The autocross portion in the i4 M50 was a little underwhelming with a very short course. But the lead-follow track portion was pretty awesome. I drove the M4 (there were a couple guys running like 5th graders to the G80s) and my wife drove the M8. We did about four laps and had a chance to push the cars a little bit. Fasted laps were at about 80% of the cars true performance. Instructor made a point to say these were touring laps to limit expectations … they did not bring any spares so the tires/brakes had to last the weekend. Managed to hit close to 120 mph on the long straight. But there was a ton of grip left over in all of the turns and braking points.
Now Arena autocross was also fun. The courses were much longer and you could get a much better feel for the performance in the i4 M50. There were test drives at both with M550, X7, X5, X4M, iX, i4, and others. We test drove four or five cars at each event.
They also had a performance center rep selling discounted vouchers for classes. 20% off anything offered at either performance center which is a pretty good deal if you have the cash.
It was a fun time and worth the drive out to do both of these free events.
Oh, nice. Glad you had fun and thanks for the detail! I had no idea it would involve different models including regular gas-powered ones. I thought it was just something where they only had the i4 M50. I have a base G80 that I haven't gotten to really push so I'm sad to have missed the chance to do that a little with one of their cars on the track.
Appreciate 0