View Single Post
      10-12-2021, 07:57 PM   #36
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

I was an early adapter to the vetteflier method of holding the valve flaps open.The approach works like a charm; is essentially free; and quite simple to perform.

Not sure why, but I was intrigued and wanted to tinker . . . so I ponied up the $200 for the CG Precision VSC-2.

Simply, like vetteflier method, VSC-2 works. Actually, the VSC-2 is about a 10 min project; even easier and quicker than vetteflier method.

Couple comments in response to prior ashiifi post #16 . . .

The VSC-2 controller can be mounted directly to the actuator mount. Simply remove one screw (of three) and use that same screw to mount controller (pic shown below).

Not necessary to remove heat shield. The VSC-2 cord can be fed across opening in in heat shield very easily with a straightened metal hanger.

Is the VSC-2 worth $200 . . . ???

The result is the same. The VSC-2 install is easier to perform and allows you to put the actuator back on (system remains physically intact). The VSC-2 can be turned off if desired (not personally a selling point but could be for someone else).

Overall, I do think most will find the VSC-2 to be worth the $200 spent.

///AVM

EDIT: I do not own a lift or any ramps . . . all of the mods I have ever posted have been done with car planted on ground.
Attached Images

Last edited by ///AVM; 10-13-2021 at 07:40 AM..
Appreciate 2
JTO245276.00
LuckyBrand1317.00