Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
The market is telling BMW not to put huge gaudy decals on the roof of M3s. BMW should listen, iterate, and make a better collaboration next time.

Without proper feedback this won't happen. No need to give participation trophies for the sake "expression". This is not a pre-K paint by a 3 year old where we should be encouraging free expression. This is a product by a Billion dollar multi-national corporation where the majority of the potential customers are not engaging with this direction.

They should listen and react.
I'm assuming by market, you're referring to car people, but that market you're referring to is not the same market BMW is doing this for - this was never meant to be for the mass majority like the actual special editions BMW does themselves.

The mass majority can kick and scream, but they're doing it in an empty room where no one is listening because this collaboration was never meant to satisfy the car enthusiast or the mass majority who closely follows BMW.

Personally, I don't see what the huge issue is with the collaboration. I would never buy it but I can appreciate the efforts BMW puts in to branching out to different cultures and reaching out to different people. You will never see this with Audi or Mercedes, or at least to the extent that BMW does and that's why I don't have the same attraction I do with those brands than I do with BMW. That's not to say I value BMW's cultural outreach more than their actual cars but it adds to the ownership of a BMW.
The collaboration is not the issue. That's not the argument. I own a technology brand and we target streetwear aggressively. My specific issue is with the style of the collaboration. Kith E30 M3 was flawless. Why not carry the same styling to the G80? It's no choosing Kith/Supreme/or any other streetwear brand. It's the specific design direction that I'm objecting to.
Regardless, no one can make the argument or conclude that the majority hates this - somebody likes it which is why the pre-orders have already sold out. Your company targets streetwear and I'm sure you have done your research and you went with the approach you thought was the right one - can't argue that. But BMW reached out to Kith and they decided to do the M4 in a way they thought would be received by those they are targeting.

Ultimately, most disagree because of how much branding and how the branding was applied - the group of people who this caters to loves the flash of branding - this individual could be wearing Supreme, Anti Social Club, Off White and Balanciaga all at one time, there's nothing subtle about what they're wearing, same with this car.
Appreciate 0