09-14-2020, 06:02 PM   #296
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
Your analysis that it is a strong amount might not even be accurate we don't actually know the ratio of "dear anonymous internet friends: I will buy one" to "actual sales". These forums have a wide mix of quality thoughtful discussion with absolute nonsense. That said I tend to agree bmw would have no issue selling an allotment of a limited production M3 wagons.

Additionally, I assume bmw already, just from the pining and commentary over the years, knows for a fact they could sell 150 wagons in the USA of a 1000 car global allotment.

The USA is not missing out on the M3 wagon because bmwna can not sell its share of the 1000 M3 wagons.... its missing out because they can't sell any 330i wagons

As the car gets bigger the allure of the coupe might be more suited to the 2 series. The proportions of the wagon just look better, and yes it is small sample size but of 656 people with the question "which model of G8X would you go with" and only 30 chose the coupe.

Small, anonymous, internet friends, etc... but that is an amazingly small group of enthusiast that would choose the coupe, IMO.

I was asking the question as a larger question about broader market trends....Maybe wagons will start to be an SUV alternative, possibly BMW should have brought G21 wagon to market.
Appreciate 0