M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
I don’t think you understand. The trunk is not considered the passenger compartment. (Unless you’re in the mafia).

For example in the X3, the battery is under the trunk floor, which I’m guessing counts as under the car’s floor and isn’t considered part of the passenger compartment.
Since you understand what he meant, please explain so that it's clear for everybody. When I say trunk, of course I mean the location under the trunk floor. The battery for all F8x models I mentioned above is located under the trunk floor. So, are you telling me G81 will have its battery located somewhere different than G80/G82/G83? I couldn't find any technical diagrams yet but pretty sure G80/G82/G83 will have their battery located in the trunk compartment under the trunk floor just like how it was for the F8X.

Edit: Before it causes any further confusion, just to clarify, both F87 M2 and F8x M3/M4 have their batteries located in the trunk compartment below the trunk floor level. M3/M4 battery is located on the right-hand side below the trunk floor while the M2 has its battery located pretty much in the middle below the floor. Regardless, my question stands. Is the battery of G81 located anywhere different than the G80/G82 battery? (If remember correctly, the claim in an earlier post was that G81 battery location required a redesign for G81 to be homologated in the US).

Last edited by M-Pilot; 09-14-2020 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0