Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8262S View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
For what it's worth, to you both, have a chat to your service manager and ask why does BMW occasionally void the car warranty of a car where launch control has been used too often.

It's a revelation no one should miss out on
Oh I am not disputing that if someone is pushing the LC button five times in each commute, it’s excessively hard in the car.

I am looking for data, not anecdotal stories.

And as an example, the car mags have all said that my ‘13 WRX is a 4.7 second 0-60 car. I think that might be true, but I have only tested that theory perhaps a handful of times in the past decade. Getting a max launch in a manual AWD car means leaving a bit of the clutch at the line to keep the engine in the power band. Who likes the smell of burning clutch? I have been extremely judicious about doing that, and drive it like a 5.2-5.5 second car. Unless I want to replace the clutch every year or two, which I don’t. It is just not a hole shot car, and that is not applicable to even enthusiast street driving. I don’t street race.

For the record I intend to treat the M3 the same way. LC will be used sparingly, and rarely.

But I am trying to nail down the data behind this versus the internet rumors.
That's why I suggested the service manager; hear it from the horses mouth