View Single Post
      06-23-2021, 10:47 AM   #198
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

I realize it is impossible to accurately compare various tires brands/makes across different chassis. That stated, I do have the following perspective of Pirelli P Zero tires on the G80C . . .

My 718 CGTS had PS4S tires and F87C had PS tires . . . the GTS is a sport car and one of the best handling vehicles on the road today. How much of the traction/handling was related to the PS4S is hard to state, but I suspect the tires played an important role.

I only ever drove the F87C with stock PS tires and always thought the F87C was 'under-tired.' Had I kept the F87C I would have either gone 245/265 PS4S or something like 255/275 PS4S. At any rate, I would have liked a little more traction on dry and particularly wet road conditions.

The G80C with P Zero tires seems to ride fine and road noise is not a problem. I may or may not appreciate improved ride and reduced road noise with the PS/PS4S tires?

When warm (above 100 degrees) on dry roads the P Zero grip is decent on most occasions. However, if I am aggressive with throttle, even the heated up P Zeros will 'spin' when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gears. I do not mind a little slip when going from 1st to 2nd gears, but not a fan when north of 60 mph and the rear end gets loose going from 2nd to 3rd gears.

Although not much by way of being a valid comparison across different chassis, I think the P Zero traction is inferior to both the PS and PS4S tires. Like the F87C, my G80C seems 'under-tired' with P Zeros on both dry and, particularly wet road conditions. If I keep the G80C long enough to wear out the P Zero treads, I would definitely switch to PS4S.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
DoubleDave1176.50