View Single Post
      06-21-2021, 06:57 PM   #196
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
I do not think I am going out on a limb by saying not many members on this forum are buying the G80/82 for casual daily driving . . . nonetheless, I wanted to add the following perspective you rarely encounter among enthusiasts on Bimmerpost.

This morning I had an errand to run. Typical roadways and an intervening stretch of highway for 10-15 miles. For whatever reason, just was not feeling ‘spirited’ . . . albeit uncommon, there are times I just want to drive in a somewhat non-spirited or 'normal' manner.

‘Normal’ for many of us is probably still a bit aggressive compared to the non-enthusiast but I was not racing around; was not wringing out the engine; did not even have ZF8 manual mode activated . . . I left G80C in start-up mode in terms of all performance features, including ZF8 automatic mode.

The start-up COMFORT/ROAD modes still offer a tremendous experience. More than ample and easily accessible power. Firm, yet quite comfortable ride coupled with exceptional handling. Very composed with WAY more than a hint of sportiness. ZF8 automatic mode fantastic. Shifts smooth and flawless. As Goldilocks might say, everything seemed ‘just right.’ Refined, yet sporty.

I have not yet had the occasion to travel great distance in a single setting – most of which entailing ‘normal’ driving - but imagine the G80/82 will be very enjoyable when the occasion soon arises.

Hard to imagine a car on the road that offers such a breadth of enjoyable driving experiences; such a wide range of capabilities. I am truly impressed.

///AVM
I think this is spot on. I really haven't pushed my M4 at all however since it's been so hot here. I'm just kind of paranoid about that, maybe I shouldn't be.

This car is extremely comfortable cruising around town.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50