06-18-2021, 08:45 AM   #184
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traind View Post
This is a great thread. BMW should be paying you a sales commision, not that you are unduly biased but the information here is terrific for potential owners.

About the multi stage traction control feature, I think it most likely offers real value for a track day enthusiast and not just for drifting. My understanding is that you can adjust the intervention point in increments and this will allow you to have a range of support available on a road course as you explore the limits of the car. As you get more comfortable controlling oversteer, you can lower the amount of intervention. Depending on the track's difficulty, available runoff room if you make an error, driver experience and comfort with the potential of damaging your car.... this feature could be terrific to gradually step toward getting the car at the limit under braking and through corner entry and exit.

AMG GTRs have a similar feature, as do some Corvettes. They work differently but the theory is the same and I have heard quite a few positive comments coming from track time.
Traind

Thank you for your kind comments and perspective

Yes, I agree, MTC technology targets those who routinely track their vehicles and wish to explore/push the limits.

///AVM
Appreciate 0