View Single Post
      10-24-2021, 12:57 PM   #25
petrol_phxz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 X-Drive Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRacer523 View Post
it's mostly to do with shortages and the resulting lack of allocations but appearance definitely comes into play unless you are a prior known customer. I remember when i first walked into a BMW dealership about 10 years ago looking a lot younger than I was and wearing shorts and flip flops and driving an e30 none of them gave me the time of day. I found the youngest SA there was and approached him at his desk. Strangely, the local porsche dealership gave me a better reception than BMW.
Appearance does effect first-impressions, but they don't mean everything. I (30 years old) could walk in with shorts and a sports T shirt on or I could walk in with designer jeans and a button up. Neither apparel options would change what my income situation is.

A dealer would be a fool to simply blow off someone because of their age or appearance. Of course there should be a feeling out process, but for all anyone knows, I could have purchased $100 worth of Bitcoin back in 2009 and be a multi-millionaire.
Appreciate 0