Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
Avoiding a first year model and newer engine is not dumb. Statistically higher chance of having issues. Wouldn't keep me from pulling the trigger myself but it's certainly not a "dumb" assessment. Everyone had a different tolerance of risk.
You know, you're right (bet you didn't see that coming )

I shouldn't have said dumb because that's insulting and not taking into account that different people do in fact have different risk tolerance. Sincerest apologies for that.

What I should have said is, I disagree. As has been pointed out, this issue seems to be affecting '22 models not '21, so it's not the first model year and waiting for the second model year is in fact worse.

This is an S58 engine issue and the engine has been around for more than a few years and also isn't new. Since it appears to be engine specific and looking at the affected vehicles it's not even an issue specific to the G80.

My personal experience has not supported new model years to be a problem. I typically buy early in the lifecycle of a car because I don't like old technology. This was the earliest I was able to by an M3 and I got it. Like I said in my previous reply in this thread, I got burned hard by a LCI, that by all accounts should have been relatively trouble free and not leave me looking like an idiot while stuck at a traffic light with a $75K car that wouldn't start.

The Kia driver that stopped to ask if I needed help was quite nice and sympathetic.
Lmaof!!!!!!!!!!!

He had his moment 🤣😆😂
Appreciate 0