10-26-2021, 01:44 PM   #10
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I will give Elon the fact that SpaceX is indeed far more privately funded than say Bezos blue origin but... where do these profits come from? Obviously only Tesla can fund this...

Consider this... Elon's business was mainly built on massive tax incentives from the federal government and later on a massive incentive from the state of CA.

When it came down to paying dues? Elon moved himself and his business to TX.. a state that wouldn't charge him taxes... now he is the richest man on Earth.

Something about that doesn't sit right with me...

Many would say he is doing what's best for his business... well sure, and this is why you can't find workers anywhere now and everything is a shit show because everyone did what's best for their business...
Is it illegal?

Maybe I just dislike the government more than I do douchy billionaires. If you don't like that he legally used incentives offered by the government for that purpose maybe you should be upset at the government for offering them in the first place. I mean I don't know the exact incentives he used but my guess is they were offered to try to promote the growth of electric vehicles.... I would say he has totally succeeded in that goal. So the government got their monies worth.

Don't get me wrong. I think he has also over promised and underdelivered in a lot of other things, but that's a different topic.
Appreciate 0