Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvetNY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
Hope that the take rate is high enough to remind BMW the demand is there to keep developing/producing them, as cars become less and less engaging.
I ordered this car in manual just to remind them that. And I would pay more for the manual if we need it.
I have to admit that there is a bit of regret that I didn't order a manual. My first cars were all manuals, I've been driving manuals all my life. I think that missing the manual is going to be inevitable. It's a shame that the top trim level M3/4 is an auto, not even a DCT. However, I'm convinced, for the most part, that experiencing the first AWD M3/4 was worth losing the 6MT, simply because

a) I have no realistic direct control in BMW including a 6MT in the Comp X-Drive. I could get a 6MT in protest, but that's not really worth it because…

b) …I only plan on keeping this car for 3 years and I can probably pick up a 6MT LCI once I scratch this itch. Besides…

c) …if were to choose the last 6MT that I will ever get the chance to own, it will probably be a Cayman GTS or GT4.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0