View Single Post
      11-03-2020, 02:13 AM   #46
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (MY2021)

BMW Marketing have lost their way with this one. Previous ads (as those shown above) are simple in nature but the delivery is masterclass. This add has no message other than "rebel". It's a cacophony of noise, flashing lights and camera angles. It doesn't convey what the car is about, the passion it provokes, the lifestyle it suits or even the target audience. Who is this car for? Why should I buy it?

May I dare to also be politically incorrect... don't get me wrong, women buy M cars, but let's not kid ourselves - the overwhelming majority of M owners are men. So why are they using a woman in the ad? The add is also focused more on her then it is the car. If their intention is to attract more women into the M brand then fair play, try something different... but how does this 'work' for women. This basically sends a message to women that you have to be a nocturnal, rebellious, club-going psychopath to want to drive an M car?

Keep it simple BMW - the M car is the one everyone wants. It's the fastest, most aggressive, most fun, stand-out variant of each series. Demonstrate that. That's all you have to do.
Appreciate 0