09-30-2020, 11:25 AM   #37
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
What I have been wondering is what happened to the 'pure model' that was rumored? This model was reported on by pretty much all publications and insiders and it never materialized in the ways it was rumored to. Instead there is just a base model without much change other than less power and a manual option.

The pure was supposed to be manual transmission, significantly less weight, manual brake, cloth, a return to basics, where did it go? I was so excited. Happy to have the manual transmission, but since the launch I have been thinking what happened to the 'pure model'....it would have been ideal, IMO.

Does it come along with a CS or CSL version?
I think the auto rags made way too many assumptions when they heard the term "pure"...

The only credible rumor was that they were testing an even lower power version (450ish hp) that was called "pure" which could have just as easily been a descriptive term for the manual model not a specific all out version of the car...

The other line items like weight, brakes, etc were all wishful thinking that circulated enough to be treated as credible. If they are to come, you are probably right that a CSL would make sense but with a price premium to justify
Appreciate 1
seis-speed2430.50