BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
So you see where this is headed then...
So you're implying all car makers are created equal?

If tesla has terrible customer service and/or assume no responsibility to the longevity of their cars, we can assume everyone else will be the same?

Just want to make sure this is what you're implying.

Quote:
How much to other brand EV batteries cost?
For a new car with a warranty, you don't even need to worry. Are you buying an EV? Probably not just going by your post so when you do have to, meaning by 2035, battery technology will have greatly improved and by then i'm assuming battery warranty will be 10-12 or even 15 year. So you won't even have to worry about replacing the battery pack in your car until 2050! How cool is that?

Quote:
And how much does it cost?
I guess i can use the same response i just posted above.

Quote:
Destroyed?
You know, and i know, carbon deposits rob an engine of power. Similar to a battery weakening over time. At least that's the argument people make when talking about how EV's are no good.

Fact is, engines don't last nearly as long as they did back in the day.

Quote:
It can and will work. Just like we predict we need to change our oil and replace spark plugs on ICE's, know that for some of these EV's you are looking at a potential $25,000 repair bill at some point in it's life for the battery, and there is little you can do to predict when or how many miles that need will arrive.

Clearly this Tesla owner should have been putting away extra cash to build up a $25,000 repair reserve for his car. He could have embraced that. I've read a lot of articles that note how much less expensive it is to maintain an EV, there is no oil to change, etc. Clearly that's only half the truth. It changes the ownership strategy and overall ownership experience, lets all get on board with that now since the EV's are coming.

Of all the tesla owners out there, even those who have bought and probably still own the very first ones are probably doing just fine.

The article OP posted is one guy. One guy doesn't represent the entire brand.

I mean i don't have to convince you to do or think anything.

Just know that there is little time left lol.

So yeah EV's are definitely coming!