09-20-2017, 07:29 AM   #30
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Continuing off topic, ain't no wireless that will ever compare to wired. Run the cable. Cat6, why mess around, you only get to do it once -- unless you're going with conduit! I did my house in the early 2000's when I had some walls apart for another reason. Went with 5e, it was top of the line then. No regrets. Even now, 10+ years later, and with the speed of change in the industry, my wiring is still good to go. Like others say buy a big roll from a place like monoprice or blue jeans cable. Learn to terminate it yourself. Only takes a couple of tools and a bit of patience.
I guess but wireless is already faster than the fastest high speed internet access Comcast can deliver to my house and some devices now are wireless only (phones, tablets). DirecTV uses wifi for downloads but uses its own switch and cabling for multi room viewing. AppleTV uses wireless for streaming and seems fine. Cabling may be faster but at some point it seems to not matter, which is why I don't bother using the wiring I put in 10+ years ago.
TXSTYLE13912.50