09-24-2020, 04:27 AM   #99
av.7447
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39, E60 M5, F06 M6, F15, F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
While I appreciate what you're saying I respectfully disagree. We shouldn't be giving a free pass to car manufactures for implementing a manual RWD car when the rest of the car is fundamentally poor. The other aspects you mentioned should still not get a pass. If Porsche can do it, so can BMW.

This is the result of poor design (and marketing) that hasn't been challenged internally. Refusing to challenge it externally because we all want the continued existence of manual/RWD cars only exasperates the problem further. BMW need to know they have screwed up and could have done a better job. It's our only hope to ensure they don't do it again.
It’s interesting you are mentioning Porsche as they have the most boring and dull design and it hasn’t changed since the 70s... the reason is because most of their customers are older folks who would never accept change and since their customer service is too poor to attract new and younger generations hence their design is exactly the same, old and boring! At least BMW has the balls to do something different regardless of people’s crying, wining and moaning. What they did with the G80 is a masterpiece regardless of whether people like it or not and 99.9% of you would not be able to do anything even remotly close to what BMW has done! I also don’t understand why people that are upset by the grill or some line they don’t agree with on a body keep coming back to this form to state their opinion which we heard many times already... We heard you, we don’t care, move on, go buy a Porsche, Kia, Lada, Chery whatever design you are more happy with....
Appreciate 0