View Single Post
      03-11-2024, 07:52 AM   #70
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Tough to say as its based off if you're doing the install yourself or paying a shop, which turbo you choose, port and fueling, already unlocked DME, etc. I'd say, set aside close to $20k to ensure everything is running smoothly. Figure the following costs I've incurred:

DOC Race: $9kish
RTP Turned MaxxECU port controller (includes ethanol sensor): $2kish
Precision Raceworks LPFP: $1.5 ~ $2k
Precision Raceworks fuel rail + injectors: $1k ~ $1.5k
Tune: $700 ~ $2k depending on tuner and how much they cost assuming you're on MHD/bootmod3 already.

Parts alone can run around $15k. Figure around $2k~$3k for install. This doesn't include a transmission upgrade from Pure Drivetrain Solution for xDrive folk.. something you'll want as you'll start slipping on big power from a big single turbo.
Thanks for the info. My brother is kicking around selling his GTR (1300 Wheel) and building up a M4. I told him keep the GTR. I don’t think the BMW’s are far enough along to build up to 13-1400 HP yet. Plus the GTR has been rock solid and it’s DCT. I think he is just bored and looking for the next build. Lol. I also told him we should look at R-34’s. Always been a bucket list for me to build one of those bad boys and also convert to Left hand drive. We would spend around the same amount on the intial car purchase so we will see what happens
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13632.50