View Single Post
      11-18-2020, 12:41 PM   #92
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak299 View Post
My current opinion is that the pricing and options for the M3/M4 cars will kill the MT. There are certainly a few that will choose whatever configuration offers a manual. but WE are in the minority. I think many previous manual buyers will go over to the dark side to get more power and different options for about the same price. The difference is $2900 and the base model charges $1300 for wheels that many will want and are included on the competition model. My plan was to order a base model at the end of next year, but I'm afraid that the take rate on the base model will be low enough that the option will be killed in U.S. on the 2022 cars. I hope there is some time between when the 2022 ordering guides are leaked and when they stop taking orders on the 2021 cars.
Highly doubt real manual owners are going anywhere other than manual. Manual owners are also the kind of enthusiasts that tune, and 30 HP is not much in the scheme of things (although the torque drop off is substantial).

They are not killing off the base model, not at least during the life cycle of this model. The UK (Right hand drive cars for the ROW in the F80 production numbers) had a f**king 2% take rate on the F80 in 6MT. Literally, 2% and you could get one on the F80 all the way until the end. Now they didn't get the manual for the G8x but then again, they didn't earn one with those numbers.

There was a pretty solid 28.5% take rate on the F80 (and presumably something similar if not slightly more on the F82 but we don't have numbers, at least not yet).

I personally feel a lot of people had buyer's remorse with the DCT on the last gen. I know 2 individuals going back to 6MT after having 1 or more DCT F8x's.

Also, there are 2x as many deposits on the G80 in 6MT at my dealer compared to the G80 comp. (8 to 4 respectively).

You will be able to order it in 2022 and beyond. This is my least favorite thread in bimmerpost history (2nd least favorite is Yas Marina Blue Regrets lol). BMW is saving the 6MT and people are accusing the one car company who's listening to us 6MT enthusiasts of deliberately killing off that which they continue to sell.
Appreciate 4
SYT_Shadow11490.00
seis-speed2430.50
Scorp!on1511.50
matmanx1101.50