View Single Post
      12-22-2020, 04:35 PM   #33
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
From a dig, AWD will be faster, without a doubt. However, from a roll, good chances are the RWD will be faster due to the added weight and drivetrain loss/inertia of the AWD. Around a dry track, RWD will likely also have an edge due that lower weight and better weight distribution.

That being said, I would say that AWD is the better option for a daily driver as the added weight will not be perceptible at sane public road speeds and will be more than offset by the practicality of the added traction.
If you have faith that tuning will happen for these cars, I would go AWD 100%. If you want to be fast from a dig and rolling, it's the way to roll. I wish I could take anyone for a ride in my GTR who is on the fence about this issue. Break boosting or Rolling launch is Insane in my car. 40-50 roll hit the button and you OUT!! Dead hooks on R888's. My buddy has A ZR1 and it's a fun ass car to drive, just always on egg shells with the traction. You can def tune in boost by gear to help with that for sure. For me though, I like full power with no spinning. Or very little spinning
Appreciate 1