View Single Post
      04-25-2021, 08:11 AM   #70
PeregrineFalcon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: vw cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Reviews View Post
The G8X is 0.1s faster in the quarter, so I guess you can say, it is faster. Though, the F8X is has a notoriously poor launch control system. So make of that what you will.
No, the F82 is definitely faster!
Every test done so far is clearly showing that the F8X is faster than the G8X.

And as you say, F8X does have a notoriously poor launch control system, and if that green F82 M4 had better launch it would probably be faster than G82 M4. My guess, around 11,8 sec for the F82.

It is interesting that all F8X's CarWoW have tested so far were going between 12,4 and 12,7 sec 1/4 mile, and the best time so far was 12,2 sec for the M3CS on a dry surface with sticky tires.
But this green M4 wasn't so lucky, it did only 12 sec flat on a damp surface!

Quote:
We work closely with Carwow and I happen to know the F8X M4 personally, and can confirm that it only has the PCW exhaust mod, and no power mods. Having said that, when we've dyno'd the stock S55s they are almost never at the quoted power level (anything between 12-15% above stock isn't unusual). So using that scale, I wouldn't be surprised if this car is running closer to 500bhp, in stock guise.
Since you know that particular F82 M4, can you tell us, is that car the base M4, or the M4 Competition?
Appreciate 0