Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikester19 View Post
With the camo it looks similar to the G20 which is already a good looking car. Only when the camo comes off the fenders/hood/roof will we be able to see the fender flares, body lines and carbon etc and it will then look like an ///M. As for the grill I think it's going to suit the car and make it standout from the G20 and add a lot of road presence. The G80 is going to be a breakthrough in terms of performance and tech and I think all the haters are going to change their minds when it's launched and/or see it in person
I think what some of us cant accept is that BMW painted sky green and when we said no it should be blue, they released like 200 articles to the car press that explain to us how no, the sky is green and its cool. Like ok, its a bit polarising design, it isnt as successful, but to have all these designers dragged in front and commenting and trying to laughably convince me this thing looks like 328 or E9 is a joke. So noone is buying it. OK may be 4 people do who never seen a 328 or E9 in person and their world view is still evolving as it was for everyone one of us at that age, but also accept some criticism. Thats why people are hating actually. People are not idiots, they jsut dont have time to write things out, its internet, so they say it sucks or post bleh emoji and move on. It's not because BMW just makes a bit different car. I would never buy it but plenty of people will because they already bought a ton of less than perfect looking cars from BMW in last decade because of branding or tech or driving. They are not best designed cars looks wise, and its ok.

Think of it this way. Back in 2000s people were appaled by this flame surfacing, and some of it was correct - E65 was a monster only mother could love, but Z4 Coupe or 6 series did things a little better, and E90 wasnt that bad, and E60 actually aged well. So indeed things grow on people. But - the new M4 is the E65 of that comparison! And people by now also agree that BMW best design is actually mid to late 90s done by that one dude who never got a promotion and left. And his cars today look most resolved, most beautiful and are going up in value because of looks.

Last edited by Tallest; 08-01-2020 at 03:56 AM..
Appreciate 5
KoenG1428.50
SoCalS2k449.50