Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Wolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantm3 View Post
Funny that some cars are coming with different tires eventhough bmw has done all this research.
Not funny to me, it's actually very frustrating for many of us. I'm still holding out hope that mine arrives with the Michelins.
I hear ya man but honestly, the star spec p zeros that came with my g82 have been exceptional. I had star spec PS4S on my f80. I wouldn't be surprised if the star spec p zeros are miles ahead of regular p zeros. No issues in the wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantm3 View Post
Funny that some cars are coming with different tires eventhough bmw has done all this research.
My X3MC came with Continental BMW star spec tires so it appears that development is also done with the alternative tires.
This.

Michelin's/Pilot Sport aren't the only tires BMW does development on in conjunction with their cars. Pirelli and Continental are also used. While each tire will be different, one is not necessarily lesser than the other. There are a few threads that touch on this where the Michelin's were not objectively the best tire. The forum(s) are to blame for the hype of Michelin's being the be all/end all when most buyers won't even realize the full potential of the tire.

The BMW M engineers rave about the Pirelli's, that's why I'm not upset when my X5M comp came with P zeros from the factory. My future G83, what ever the factory installs.

When we return our leased cars in the US, I have not be specifying BMW star tires from Costco when I replace my tires. Doubt that BMWFS will catch onto this as the end of lease genius will all have to be trained to look for the star tires at lease end.
They will. You aren't the first to swap in non Oe tires at the end of lease return.
Have yet to be charged by BMWFS, as I turned in 2 M's within the past 9 months. Replaced all the tires from Costco with Michelin Super Sports which came from the factory. How does BMWFS know what tires on the car if there are multiple factory options?
I guess it comes down to the eagle eyes at the dealership upon return, they inspect the car, they will either see it or not.