View Single Post
      08-29-2023, 07:24 AM   #38
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
Curious, what is the rational for over inflating tires? Reducing flat spotting? I was intending to put my M4 up on jack stands as I have winter upgrades planned.
Colder temps cause the tire to lose pressure (which you already know I'm sure), but that deformity allows the belts to flatten out. The bigger the deformity, the worse the flat-spotting. More psi creates less deformity, which creates less of a flat spot. No more than 42psi over the front (engine area) and 40psi in the rear should be used, and this isn't a 100% guarantee that no flat-spotting will occur, it's just mitigation.

Jack stands are always the best option, but if you don't want to do that you can put 42/40 psi of cold pressure in them and roll the car forward or backwards off of the contact patch every few weeks. However, don't take this option if the temps in your storage area are below 42° as you'll cause micro-sipes and the tires will never perform as good as they did before.

It pretty much always comes back to jack stands as a solution for the tire issue.
Appreciate 1