View Single Post
      05-09-2023, 12:58 PM   #26
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Storage update.

So it is May and the snow is mostly gone now. Just 18”+ up over the hill from me in the woods. Here is what I know about 6 months of storage. My storage preparation may have been a bit excessive, but it worked I haven’t any issues from the car sitting.

I took the cover off and was a bit surprised by finding a little dust, it was very minor. After removing the battery tender the car started instantly as if I just shut it off moments earlier. I drove it out of the garage then lowered the tire pressure to the recommended spec. Next step, took the car for a 30 minute drive to get it all the way to full operating temperature and everything seems good.

Once back home I opened the hood, wouldn’t you know I smell coolant…again. I had coolant leaking from the bank one turbo when the car was brand new (from the factory) which as repaired last summer. I can see coolant leaking out near the bottle, hmm.

My car has just over 3,600 miles so off to the dealer it goes. They told me the car is actually leaking in two places and of course there are no parts available, I’m not really sure where the other coolant leak is at the moment. So I get a loaner and head back home.

Three days since I dropped off the car I get a text letting me know the car is ready. Can’t help but wonder if the coolant leaks are front eh previous repair? I have owned more than 40 new cars and have never had one leaking coolant like this before. I go back to the dealer on the 15th to retrieve my car.
Appreciate 0