06-16-2021, 09:21 AM   #17
Nkr15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AWD View Post
Many responses are related to RWD cars but OP (& I) are trying to figure out if this is even more important to spec on an AWD car.

I expect to mostly drive my G80 M xDrive in 4WD or 4WD Sport (or whatever they call the rear-bias AWD mode). I may do an occasional track day but I'm not into autocross or drifts & donuts. I may switch to RWD when I want to let the tail loose and have some safe fun on a twisty road or if I'm doing a u-turn at that one traffic light close to our home in the middle of the night I can see how having variable traction control support in RWD mode can be beneficial, but I'm not sure I "need" it or even use it enough to actually learn the different settings
You can afford track days and potentially totaling your car but you are concerned about $900 on a lap timer and traction control manipulation? Lol

I got it because I'd rather have something than regret not having it, having an integrated lap timer and being able to dial in the traction to increase lap times is worth $900. What difference does it make if the car is $96,000 vs $96,900
Appreciate 2
Sbm007613.50
jetbill198.00