Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frupal View Post
When driving on a section of road that requires daytime headlights, are we ok with just the daytime running lights, or do we technically have to turn on the actual headlights?
What exactly is the point of this law? (I ASSume that you are referring to a state law where you must turn on your headlights in a construction zone, just like the laws are popping up in Pennsylvania and some other east coast states.)

My DW worked (more like survived!) as a construction flagger for over 10 years, and she doesn't see the point from a worker safety perspective. The first time that I saw the signs in a Pennsylvania construction zone, my thought was that it is a signal for any police assigned to the construction zone that the person saw the construction signs so they couldn't plead that they didn't when yanked for speeding. With LED DRL's being common in most newer cars that are specifically designed to attract attention during the day, this doesn't make sense.

If you asked my DW, she'd say that the money spent for those silly signs by other states would have been better spent on "HANG UP AND DRIVE, MORON!" signs.....
We have many roads where headlights are required, including desert and mountain roads. It's a visibility thing.

With regards to LED's and DRL's, most vehicles on the road are still equipped with halogens. Look at the cars on the freeway at night. I would estimate over 80% are halogens. This became apparent to me when I would wait on on-ramps in a patrol vehicle and watch traffic.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615333.00