View Single Post
      02-28-2024, 08:55 AM   #1
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Assist Plus not working

Before I take this to the dealer, not sure if anyone has any suggestions on what to fix look at:

Seems like my "Assist Plus" feature (the under 40mph completely hands off) has stopped working. Almost immediately when activating the system, it shuts itself off and gives me a "reduced driver assist" warning, the system then can be activated again, but the same thing happens once I try and go into the Assist Plus feature.

I was briefly able to get into the control message section before the warning disappeared and noticed the affected system was "Steering Assist" which is odd to me since the steering assistance feature works just fine above 40 and actually below 40 as well if I keep my hand on the wheel. As soon as I take my hand off, the system errors out.

I did replace the paddles with some knockoff magnetic clicky ones from Amazon, but not sure if it started before or after this. I've since replaced the paddles back to the stock ones. As they work off resistance drop across the circuit and are not actually provided power, I can't imagine this causing the issue, especially when the steering assist works just fine above 40 or with my hand on the wheel while the system is active. Though the battery was disconnected while doing the replacement, could there be a step here that requires re-calibration or some other electronic function?

I'm betting I have to take this one in, but just wanted to have anyone brainstorm anything here if they've experienced this or have any quick suggestions to try (I have run the gamut of basic stuff, iDrive reset, etc.)
Appreciate 1
M4Tejas807.00