LimeRock
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM_G808 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeRock View Post
No drone whatsoever. I've gotten a lot of complements from people on the road. If I could pick on it, I would say there is slight rasp in the midrange under heavy throttle. Not bad like the S55, but not buttery smooth like the B58. Overall, I would highly recommend this setup until I see an equal length option come out.
I wonder if your setup not being equal length is causing the slight raspiness. I have an appointment with someone who is going to create a mid section with equal lengths. He makes a ton of custom Ti exhausts locally so I trust his work.

There is a company that claims their midpipe is equal length but they are asking $1900 for it LOL.
https://valvetronic.com/collections/...m4-g8x-midpipe
It's possible, the eisenmann midpipe is straight through, with no x/h-pipe. No one currently makes an equal length solution for the X3M platform, unfortunately. $1900 is steep, equal length or not...I'd love to hear a clip if you go the custom fabrication route...I was thinking about that too.

As strange as it may seem, I have a feeling the rasp is related to the OEM muffler more than the mid pipe. The valve operation is somewhat bizarre, and unless you are at WOT before 4-4.5k RPM, the system seems to keep valves partially closed in that range (perhaps for a performance reason?). I think this is the cause of the slight rasp. It's possible the M3/4 have a revised design / software, as us X3M guys have had trouble with the OEM valve operation (rattles).

Appreciate 0