View Single Post
      11-04-2020, 09:18 PM   #13
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Read his Yelp reviews and it will show what kind of person he is.

Quote:
DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING HIS SAYS!

I am a shop owner of an exclusive BMW repair shop in San Diego. We needed a 2013 N55 and was not able to find a used one. I found Ghassan Automotive from a search online. I called and spoke with Ghassan and he said all the right things, so we decided to "wire" (first red flag) the agreed amount for a 2013 N55. Then the nightmare started... We received the engine and at first inspection was not impressed with quality of the "rebuild". Already committed and not having another option we installed the engine and sent back the core. Side note we even offered for him another core we had thinking this a man with integrity and would appreciate the offer, he did accept it minus the integrity part.

This is about the time his true colors came out. We instantly had a probably with his rebuilt motor. Early production N55's has a different vacuum/oil pump chain tensioner. The early production have a leaf spring style tensioner and late production have a hydraulic style. This difference caused a loud rattle from the engine. After hours of swapping parts around we determined the only fix was the proper style chain tensioner. I repeatedly called his shop and apparently had injured his back and the front office girl quit. Fast forward a month and multiple phone calls I finally got a hold of him about the cores and the warranty issue with the purchased engine. He stated the cores had no value so the 1500.00 per core ended up being worth nothing (no money back). As far as the warranty engine he said he would call me once he received and inspected it. That was almost a year ago and I'm still waiting for that phone call.

I did contact a lawyer but would have to travel to Oklahoma if it went to trial. As much as I would love to have my day in court, we have already lost thousands of dollars so I'm just going to write this review and hope it helps anyone considering using this company.
MmmmmM22588.50