View Single Post
      10-02-2020, 11:47 AM   #102
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
The biggest difference between the base and comp on the F8x was the suspension. Handling dynamics were night and day. I got my F80 in base (was new to the brand, the comp pack was brand new in 2016, and i initially didnt like the 666m wheels I saw in pictures). I hated it after driving a few comp packs on tracks and with friends.

when rumors were abound that they were not offering the 6MT in the comp pack I got very upset because I didn't want to drive a lesser car because of my transmission choice. Win-win whether you go base or comp.

One of the biggest and most pleasing surpises on the G8x (for me) is it's the same car with a different tune. The suspension, everything else is the same. Every option (with the exception of the black badges) that can be optioned for the competition model, including wheels, can be optioned for the base/6MT model. It's fantastic.
Agreed, it also has the nice effect that comp models aren’t a near $10k extra. You pay mainly for the extra power which is reasonable. Win-win whether you go base or comp.
Appreciate 1