06-06-2022, 11:28 PM   #22
M4Tejas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 G82 M4xDrive

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush111 View Post
I rarely write on this forum but I have been an avid reader for 10+yrs. So here I am as I share my 2022 G82 Xdrive in Violet Blue (P6F) which seems to be the first one delivered, at least on this forum. This is my 4th BMW, and 3rd M car following an E92 and F82 Competition. When G8X was announced, I was certainly disappointed with weight gain and lack of DCT but I still believe that M cars have no equal for Sunday drives w/ the kids and occasional Track days. So I went ahead and made a deposit back in October 2021 at my local dealer in Montreal, Canada.

Over the years, my car's color mostly consisted of white, black and grey so this time I was really looking for something different, especially that my E92 and F82 were white. I do like the various shade of blues that BMW (and Porsche…) have offered over the years so blue was my choice, but which one? My first criteria was that I did not want something that 'screams' too much at you, blame it on my age (late 40's) but I prefer darker shades of blue. I stumbled once on few pictures on rare F8X Violet Blue and really liked it. It somewhat looked close to LSB which as you know is unfortunately not offered (yet?) on G8X. So I took a gamble and went ahead based on internet pictures… I am quite happy with the result!

As far as the equipment goes, since this is not my daily drive and I use my M cars for few track days every year, M Carbon package w/ bucket seats was a no brainer and let's make it Kyalami orange while we're at it so it feels special when I take the car for a week-end drive… Bicolor 826M complements the look w/ Michelin Cup2 tires wich should be fun on the track once the break in period is over. Premium package for HUD and Drift analyser + shadowline laser light completes it.

From week 49 to week 10, finally took possession last month (about 8mo later) w/ only feature missing being IDrive control touch feature. PPF and ceramic coating now done, ready for prime time!

Bad ass Blue! What front spoiler is that? Looks integrated. Enjoy the ride man.

2022 M4 Comp xDrive Aventurin Red Metallic
https://wieninger.de/ Seit 1666
Appreciate 0