12-08-2021, 09:01 AM   #29
beachBmmr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 SG/AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_M3 View Post
I got my head around the G80 being high on consumables but the computer nannies are pretty concerning - I'm not going to track mine nearly as much as you're doing but I'm going to be generating some brake heat @ COTA and I always thought the anti-collision stuff could be turned off.
Pre-crash cannot be turned off. When Threshold braking, it activates the seatbelt pre-tensioner, and rolls up the windows. Super distracting on corner entry. I would have thought track mode would disable it but no...

Had the codes read at the dealer and they told me that the brake system detected excess heat and that puts the car in reduced power mode. It does not put up any messages when this happens. It was super confusing at the times it occurred.

I have done some pretty long sessions, where I went through a full tank of gas (actually two back to back on Monday). I went through a brand new set of front pads in those two sessions, where I did about 10 warm up laps and 40 fast laps totally 120 miles. (some really pushing). I think the car is much better if you keep it to a few hot laps, then let it cool down. Its not an endurance racer...Fun tho..
Kaiz3n0.00