Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80_GuyGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post
Best idea to code off ASD completely using Bimmercode, then use the sound control button just for the natural sounds.

I think I understand the confusion now. You asked about ASD off, I assumed you were talking about coding it off as that is the only way to JUST turn ASD off. You were actually talking about the sound control button button which also changes flap behavior.

So, to rephrase your question….does closing the exhaust flaps reduce HP? That is a good question, I don't know.

ASD just stands for Active Sound Design and just refers to the fake exhaust sounds coming through the speakers.
So the key here is to code the ASD out (get rid of the fake sound) and keep the M sound button on so the exhaust flap opens. As long as the turning off the ASD doesn't mess with the exhaust flap as well. I was also curious about this because next week I am installing an aftermarket subwoofer and I don't want the ASD playing through the sub like it did in my F82. F82 was an easy fix because I was able to just unplug it unlike the G80 where there is no plug for the ASD. I want to code out the ASD but also want to keep the the exhaust open while I'm in full throttle in sports+.
BimmerCode coding for sure just turns ASD off. Flap behavior stays stock.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0