Grumpy514
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3X

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GixY2K View Post
But now Subaru has everyone beat with the new location of their oil filter as it sits on top of the engine bay exposed and ready to be changed without a fuzz or drama.

Spark plugs are a different story

Now, back on topic...
I'm new to BMW cars and find it annoying not to have a DIPSTICK.
Was it to save money? What, $0.25 cents? Or was it to take more control of the maintenance of our own cars? I for one, do NOT trust a digital gauge measuring oil. I had a friend that had an X3, and it started to tell her that she was low on oil... Well, long story short, BMW had to replace the sensor before she put more oil in her engine and caused a catastrophic event. Now, nothing wrong with having both, digital and physical dipstick. BMW, why?, why?
Just the way it is, most german companies ditched the dipstick around 10-15 years ago unfortunately.....same thing with transmission dipsticks. Really sucks. Just another way to get somebody to bring it to the dealership instead of doing it themselves.

Newer FCA vehicles have dipstick tubes for the transmission but a lock on it that says "special tool required" the dealer will NOT sell you the special tool....guess what the special tool is when buying from a store/online?.....a dipstick!
Appreciate 1
GixY2K515.00