View Single Post
      09-22-2022, 03:00 PM   #6
HudsonHornett
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 CSL, BMW X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by reNT View Post
Maybe for those who only drive bmws and nothing else, yes. But, for those who don't care about the badge, porsche cayman gt4 would be a far more suited track-day toy than a G80 platform ever could.

The whole point of a G80 is that it's a complete package of comfort, practicality, and it has a good amount of performance (acceleration and handling). Once you start stripping away the comfort and practicality from the package, and then tack on a significant price premium on top of that, it immediately stops making sense. If comfort or practicality don't matter so much, then it'd be a p-car for the trackdays all day long.

Just my two cents.
I love Porsches - had a GT3, Cayman R and 911 GTS but in the UK you can't get one of the GT cars for love nor money unless you have a very "special" relationship with the dealer principal. So your options are to buy a used one for a massive premium or buy an older model (which is still expensive). The M4 CSL is a great option for those who want a road car that can absolutely be exploited on track and this car should smash that brief. You can still get it as a new car and feel like you're driving something a bit special, which for me is a huge part of the appeal. This car will be a lot rarer than any GT4 or GT3 and still be epic to drive.
ptgltw3774.50
Chicane_1050.00
beden1511.00
jmg18658.50
JM13RS36.00
dazzapb1050.00