Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dardeca View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
the sensor throws it off a bit, then again I dont know where else they could have put it I guess
In the new M440 they did a decent job of blending the sensor with the overall design of the grill. Not sure why they didn't try to do something similar for the M3/M4.
I was curious about this as well, considering what they did for the 4 it is certainly a hang up. But the perspective I have taken after looking at the real life images next to humans is
- mixed in with the gloss black real grill vs the matte camo cars it stands out less, but is still noticeable (shiny black lens matches surrounding gloss)
- the prominence in renders and some spy photos is exaggerated, for whatever reason there is a tendency to use or render an angle level to the grills like taking a photo knee high and wide lens
-the actual location is shin height and that part of the grill is actually bending back toward The car so the sensor in real life is low and is recessed vs the more prominent parts of the design.
-considering what they did for the 4 I assume they were technically incapable of continuing the bar across the lens for the M3/m4 grill
-my opinion is it's odd but likely something few will notice, especially in passing
Appreciate 1
VetteGuy845.50