View Single Post
      11-16-2021, 08:21 AM   #267
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

Its been a while so I figured Id do a small update. A few weeks ago I had an Oktoberfest party at my house, and I wanted to have my 02 and the e9 parked near my Biergarten. So I grabbed the car and drove it for the first time since early September. It ran like crap but I got it cleaned back up from the vintage trip.

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr

I took the car back to my parents shop and looked it over. We found that one of the carb mounting bolts was loose, and one thing lead to another.

One of the carbs was hanging open occasionally so we were going to work on the linkage. Once we had them out we noticed how dirty they were and decided to rebuild them.

Once cleaned, my dad started rebuilding them. He made a float gauge, I hope it worked.

And how it sits currently.

We are installing a "boost pump" to help it start after sitting a while, its apparently a common mod for these cars. Hopefully it will start today and I will be able to take it on a short drive this weekend.

The 5 speed we bought need a rebuild, and the guy we were going to have work on it broke his foot so its going to be a couple months. The 4 speed is noisy and my dad is nervous about driving it. We are going to try Swepco in the 4 speed in the hopes that it will quiet the trans down long enough to get the 5 speed going.
Appreciate 10
2000cs3502.50
happyjack1657.00
racerbruce3853.50
Davil6524.50
wdb4732.00
Mani5913493.00
DrFerry6728.50
chassis6554.00