View Single Post
      09-27-2020, 09:08 PM   #39
chicagoguy0822
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Convertible (G83)

I started out in 2015 with a 528i x-drive then moved to a 430i x-drive in 2018. I was finally ready to buy a convertible for the first time in my life, but with adding on a 16 year old boy at the time, the insurance premiums were going to get crazy with a M4. In addition, I live in Chicago so a RWD car was a big "no" since it is also my daily driver, so I stuck with the x-drive. Now, I have one in college, a 16 year old and a 13 year old and am ready for a different driving experience, so I am going to splurge. My wife insists on having a convertible. We looked at the new Z4M but couldn't justify having 2 seats and RWD. When I read I could get a M4 convertible with AWD, the decision was made! Now I just have to wait for it to be released!

I love the Frozen Grey, but not sure if I want to have a matte paint on a daily driver car that will be in the snow. I'd have to spend another $8K to wrap it in addition to the $4K paint premium. I saw 3 matte cars in Lexington, KY visiting our son at UK and I was envious, but I know it's a problem waiting to happen.... and an expensive one! I hope someone can talk me off the ledge! Otherwise, it's back to the Sapphire Black for me... I love it.
Appreciate 0