United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosef81 View Post
Surely there has to be a bit of insanity with this purchase. I specced an m4 comp with the ultimate pack (needed to make the looks tolerable) and it came out to £87605.. I then went to Porsche and specced out a base 911 (porsche code PM1UC3S7) and it came out to £91422. Now tell me with hand on heart that the driving experiences will be comparable, or the looks of the m4 really seduce you over that of a 992. For the final nail in the coffin, which do you think will pose the better resale prospect?

So I reiterate the question from the OP, why are you guys doing this to yourselves?

The only way I will go back to BMW for another m4 is if they discount it by £10000... Little hope for that.
Can't speak for the UK, but here in the US a well equipped M3/M4 will be in the $85k range. A lightly optioned base 911 will be $120k easy. In addition to that BMW is historically more aggressive in incentives/dealer discounts.

So I don't think the comparison can be made. If they were both priced similarly - sure I'll take the 911. But with a $35k-$40k difference in price - that changes the picture quite a bit.
Agree. I have tried a few times to move to a 911 and every time I spec one out it's well into 110-130k. On price there is no comparison for US based buyers.
I'm also not solely looking for this to track and it will be my daily driver so driving dynamics is important but I want some gadgets and comfort too. M3 always seems to be my natural ending up point.
I'm very serious about buying this one. Been leasing and it's fine but there were a few cars I really fell in love with. I think this will be one for me.
Current Lease is up for me in September of 2021 so plenty of time to see one in person etc.

--
Owner of a 2022 M3 Competition AWD in Individual Voodoo Blue and Fiona Red leather
Appreciate 2
wtwo317971.00
SYT_Shadow11488.50