View Single Post
      01-14-2021, 01:46 PM   #224
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
It's not an error. The DIN standards were different then.

Your car being close to the DIN standard does not prove the DIN weights are absolutes. I demonstrated multiple cases where cars weighed by reliable sources came lower than the (new standard) DIN weight, but you conveniently choose to ignore that point. This OP in this very thread also shows a G82 weighing less than the DIN weight .

As for your own M3cs, it seems to be the "odd ball" here, being on the (very) high side. In fact even heavier than the M3 competition C&D weighed at 3,651lb despite the weight reduction elements your car has (wheels, hood, HVAC).
DIN weight rules have indeed changed throughout the years. We can see that in the G8X published weights for example.
If you think a non GTS F8X was ever produced that with a full tank weighed 3300lb that's fine, but I'll continue to assume it's a mistake.

DIN weights are not useless. I look at the 6MT to 8AT G82 and see they differ by 55lb, so until I see otherwise I will assume that is the delta. They also serve to tell us what the F80 to the F82 weight delta is, the 6MT to DCT, etc etc.

People have been telling me my cars weights are outliers for quite a few years.
It started with the E46, where everyone swears it's impossible it could weigh 3500lb.
Then I got an E9X, weighed it back to back with the E46 and it showed 3603lb. And it's not the minimum spec either, ZCP wheels are heavy and it also has heated seats and the upgraded sound system.
Now I've weighed my F80 CS and I'm also being told it's an outlier... perhaps the outlier talk is simply because I weigh my cars without giving them any advantages like removing manuals, parts that are meant to go in the car, without removing a few gallons from the gas tank. etc.
A forum member owns corner scales and regularly weighs people's cars. If you look at his weights, in the 'notes' section every single person except my cars have little excuses added, for example:
-F80 CS M3... with TEAL16 forged wheels and CCBs, a little under half a tank
-F82 6MT with no gas
-E46M3 with ARC8 wheels and rear seats removed, almost full tank
the list goes on forever

I click on the link provided and it shows a F80 ZCP with carbon-ceramic brakes. Besides that, I don't see anywhere it was weighed with a full tank

Last edited by SYT_Shadow; 01-14-2021 at 01:53 PM..
Appreciate 0