CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
When someone shows a ridiculous weight like that it is clear there's a mistake.
When Audi took out the RS4 they also stated a DIN weight of like 3500lb which was later corrected to its real weight. That's fine. Mistakes certainly happen.

I'm using the DIN weight to compare options like 6MT vs 8AT, G82 vs G80, etc. The G8X weight I'm taking straight from the video.

In the case of the F8X the DIN weight seems to match up quite nicely with my car. The G8X BMW weighed was on corner scales, like my car, so unless gravity was reversed or HK speakers weigh 50lb and my CF hood, prop shaft and no center console add up to nothing, I feel we have a good proxy for its weight.

I'm more than happy to bet that the G8X RWD is not going to gain 250lb more than my CS, more or less apples to apples comparison between them [midpoint of the 200-300lb range you mentioned earlier]

The constant comments of 'we don't know what the options of the G8X are' are beating a dead horse. It may or may not have HK because we don't know if that's standard in Germany. Their mention of 'lightweight build' tell me no Exec package. Still, we do know my options and my car was weighed the same way that car was weighed.
It's not an error. The DIN standards were different then.

Your car being close to the DIN standard does not prove the DIN weights are absolutes. I demonstrated multiple cases where cars weighed by reliable sources came lower than the (new standard) DIN weight, but you conveniently choose to ignore that point. This OP in this very thread also shows a G82 weighing less than the DIN weight .

As for your own M3cs, it seems to be the "odd ball" here, being on the (very) high side. In fact even heavier than the M3 competition C&D weighed at 3,651lb despite the weight reduction elements your car has (wheels, hood, HVAC).

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0